PHP Software Developer
We are a marketplace where patients can book a visit to the doctor. We provide practice management software for tens of thousands of doctors.
We serve 20 million patients to make 1 million appointments with doctors each month. That makes us a market leader in 7 countries on 3 continents.
We believe that if your passions and talents match the job, magic happens. Almost 500 of our team members make magic happen every day.
We also believe that “Simplicity is the king and automation is the queen”, and we are following this in our everyday work.
We are looking for a PHP Software Developer in Barcelona to join us from around October 2019.
What will you do:
- Invent and build DocPlanner’s features. Both from the code and architecture site,
- Help less (and more) experienced colleagues.
Are you reading further? Excellent! We are looking for you if you:
- know PHP very well (obligatory 5.6 version, we work on 7.0 / 7.1),
- know what SOLID stands for,
- have experience with Symfony 2.8 / 3.3 / 4,
- know how to optimize MySQL (we use MariaDB),
- understand the business aspects of implementing projects,
- can design complex functionalities in a scalable architecture,
- can optimize the quality, complexity and efficiency of the code,
- have at least 5 years experience in programming - including at least 2 years working on big projects,
- can work in a team and you like to help less experienced colleagues,
- are able to fluently communicate in English.
It will be a big plus if you have:
- knowledge and ability to use MongoDB and Redis,
- ability to use queues: Beanstalkd, RabbitMQ,
- experience in working with PHPUnit, TDD, CQRS, Databus,
- the ability use the cache: Varnish,
- knowledge of Elasticsearch,
- willingness to close every part of the world in microservices;)
- passion for your work and you like to talk about Eric Evans over coffee,
- a bit of sympathy for the agile approach (most teams work in Scrum)
- salary (35.000-50.000€ gross/annually - depending on your expertise),
- stock option plan (you become a partner :) ),
- relocation package,
- working in LEAN environment in a multi skilled and international team,
- flexible working hours,
- private health insurance,
- free coffee, drinks, fruits and snacks,
- great working environment awarded with the ‘Best Workplaces Spain’ in 2013 & 2014,
- 2 minutes away from the beach and next to the biggest mall in Barcelona,
- yoga once a week,
- do video games or Oculus Rift mean something to you? Then our Gamer Room is meant for you!
Please, Please note that by applying to this offer you accept the following statement:
"I agree that Doctoralia SL with headquarters in Josep Pla, 2, edif B2, planta 13 - 08019 Barcelona , processes the personal data that I have provided, including my image, for the needs of the recruitment process. I declare that I have read information about processing of my personal data by Doctoralia SL in connection with the recruitment process."