General Counsel / Head of Legal
Docplanner is the leading global healthcare booking platform. We serve over 30 million patients and process 1,5 million bookings every month. The company was founded in 2012 in Poland and now boasts a team of more than 1,000 based across offices in Warsaw, Barcelona, Istanbul, Rome, Mexico City and Curitiba. With a mission to ‘make the healthcare experience more human’ we provide free doctor reviews and booking for patients via our online marketplace. In addition, we offer doctors and clinics a SaaS tool used to optimise their patient flow, reduce no-shows, and digitize their practices in order to be able to spend more time with the patient and ultimately improve healthcare outcomes.
With our most recent financing round (https://tinyurl.com/y2rxughd) we have ample resources to scale and reach our ambitious goals. For more information, visit www.docplanner.com/about-us
Reporting into the global CFO, you will create and lead the Legal and Compliance function in a fast-growing international environment. Areas of responsibility:
- manage and advise on the release of product features or new business lines from a legal/regulatory perspective (ensure compliance with all applicable laws)
- establish/update the company’s internal controls and policies in areas such as data protection (GDPR) and anti-bribery, and develop/provide internal training as required
- act as legal business partner to various departments; build strong relationships across the organisation
- own and manage the company’s IP portfolio
- support the CFO and senior management in the legal aspects of M&A processes, fundraising efforts, and other strategic projects
- manage the group’s corporate governance and all secretarial matters as required under local law
- manage outside counsel and external legal spend across 8+ jurisdictions (international travel will be required)
- partner with HR on all day-to-day employee-related matters requiring legal support such as negotiation of employment and settlement agreements, mitigating and reacting to potential disputes, managing disciplinary action/grievances and assist with reviewing and updating global HR policies
- actively recommend, build, oversee, and implement legal processes within the business to increase efficiency of the legal function
- manage all potential and actual litigation
- build and maintain a central repository of all corporate/commercial agreements in readiness for incoming due diligence
- manage and foresee business risks and opportunities by regularly reviewing changes in the regulatory/legal environment
- are a qualified lawyer in a major European (or Latin American) jurisdiction
- possess a total of 5+ years of experience in the legal profession, ideally split between external advisory (generalist preferred, data protection welcome) and in-house (start-up experience a plus)
- are a fire-starter and can clearly demonstrate your ability to be proactive without direct supervision
- make quick decisions with good business judgement (balancing both legal and commercial aspects) oftentimes in ambiguous situations
- are detail-oriented and well-organised
- can handle confidential information in an appropriate and professional manner
- have strong interpersonal skills
- possess the highest degree of professional ethics and integrity
- have strong written and verbal English
... then you might just be the one we are looking for!
What we offer
- Opportunity to learn from great, experienced people with successes in their fields
- Opportunity to operate in a multinational environment
- Participation in the stock option plan – to feel like an owner it’s best to be one
- Autonomy / ownership
- Work to change people's lives for better
- Great growth opportunities not limited by policies or age
What you will find (our Values)
- Leave your comfort zone - There were a handful of us when we started. Now there are over 1000 of us on 4 continents. We learn and grow so the company can.
- Focus on results, not tasks - No one can tell you what to do because…no one has ever done it yet. Every day is a new challenge. No matter if it’s an evolution or a revolution, you have all the power to start it.
- Give feedback now, directly - We know very few mind readers. None actually. We don’t read the minds of our users. We A/B test. We don’t read the minds of each other. We ask for and give feedback.
- Keep it simple - Right.
- Do what you love - Alright, we work for the money. But once that’s out of the way, why do you do what you do? We believe if you don’t see the meaning in what you do, you should stop right now.
- Hustle, hit, never quit - We’ve been through highs and lows in business and as a team. We are lucky to have a “losing sucks” syndrome. “Hustle, hit, never quit” in other words. And yes, Nike is better at PR with this one.
- Equity - That's right. To feel like an owner it's best to be one.
- Cool people - We like to get things done. And have fun in the process =)
Please, remember to add this statement in your CV:
"I agree that ZnanyLekarz Sp. z o.o. with headquarters in Warsaw, Kolejowa Street 5/7, 01-217 Warsaw, processes the personal data that I have provided, including my image, for the needs of the recruitment process. I declare that I have read information about processing of my personal data by ZnanyLekarz Sp. z o.o. in connection with the recruitment process."